Shabbyblogs - Ridiculously Fabulous

Friday, July 1, 2011

The woes of Pregnancy

When you're pregnant you are constantly being asked how you feel!   It's a thoughtful gesture and one that I appreciate.  I think it's nice that people appreciate the fact that growing a child can be both physically and emotionally straining.  Everyday when I'm asked this question I usually just smile and say "Feeling Good".  This is my answer regardless of how I really feel.

The truth is, I've had a really easy pregnancy thus far (KNOCK ON WOOD!!).  In the first trimester, I had a few weeks of nausea but only threw up twice.  Then came the 2 weeks when I literally had to eat every hour and a half or else I felt horrible, then came the headaches that wouldn't go away...but that was about it.  I didn't have the extreme tiredness or vomiting that some women get.  In my second trimester I started to have some small aches.  I had to stop my regular walks because I had a pain in my hip/groin area that hurt every time I stepped on my left leg.  Not pleasant but no biggie.  Now as I finish up the second trimester I still have the aches in my left leg, but now there is an ache in my right hip and my back...let's not even get started on my back!  I mean, I knew you were supposed to have low back pain as you got further along but this hurting from top to bottom of my back is a little irritating!  Not to mention that last night was the first night I have slept through the night (minus a couple of potty breaks) where I haven't woken up between 2:30 and 4:30 with an extreme back pain that prevented me from going to sleep.  Oh, and there is the indigestion and heartburn...that pretty much sucks!  No food is safe when it comes to getting that nastiness.

All that to say...it really hasn't been that bad.  I've felt good!  And truth be told...even if I felt horrible, I'd probably still just smile and say "Feeling Good".  I am carrying my precious little one after all...not much to complain about there!

Now I know I still have quite a ways to go - 102 days according to The Bump!  And I know I'm going to get bigger, and hotter, and more tired, and the aches are only going to get worse.  But for now at least, I'm choosing to have a good attitude about it.  At this point in my pregnancy, I'm choosing to enjoy it.  I'm choosing to enjoy this gift of being able to carry my baby.  There are millions of women who would die to have the chance to have the aches and pains and woes of carrying a child...but they're not able to.  So call me naive b/c it will get worse, but for now I have no complaints!  I'm enjoying this time!!

Here is a rarely seen picture of me pregnant!  Yes, I took this in the bathroom at work, and yes I am concentrating entirely too hard! 

No comments:

Post a Comment