Shabbyblogs - Ridiculously Fabulous

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

You don't know what to expect when you're expecting!

One of the reasons I thought it was about time to start this blog is because the husband and I are expecting our first child!!!  A Baby Girl!!  Right now we are 21 weeks or 5 months (that's half way people) along this new journey to a brand new life.  We are so excited for this new chapter and blessing in our lives!! 

Tenley Caroline is expected to make her debut in mid October!!  Now let me explain something to you people (which is 0 readers at this point b/c I refuse to let anyone know I started a blog...but I digress).  But let me explain something...this child is going to be one SPOILED ROTTEN little girl!!  And as much as I act like I'm not...I'm ok with it.  She deserves it.  You see, my husband is one of 4 boys (God bless my mother-in-law) and has he has 1 nephew...so Tenley will be the first Baby Girl Cain!  Holy spoiled.  And since my sister hasn't had kids yet this will be the first grandchild on my side.  On my dad's side Confusing family history to be explained at a later date! - my step siblings have all boys...again, FIRST GIRL!!    So to sum it up...she's going to have sooooo much love and nothing could please me more!

All that being said, having a girl is a little intimidating to my husband and I.  You see, we wanted a boy.  (Don't judge!!  Everyone has a preference no matter what politically correct answer they give.)  We knew what his name would be, what sports he would play...basically his whole life planned out.  For a girl we had - NOTHING, except fear!!  You see, girls just seem so much more complicated.  More hissy fits, attitudes, eye rolling, horomones, money!  Not to mention we only had her middle name picked out.  All that being said - we're thrilled to death about this precious little angel that we are being blessed with.  At our 20 week appointment where they do all the measurements of the organs, brain, etc...everything came back as NORMAL!!  God IS GOOD!! 

Anyways, I will use this blog as a way to track my pregnancy and my life as a new mother among other things that I enjoy talking about.  Hope you enjoy!  Pics to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment