Shabbyblogs - Ridiculously Fabulous

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day!

"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." - John 15:13
This is from my wedding.  My cousin was in Afghanistan and couldn't make it to my wedding so he sent his unit pin for me to wear.  It was truly my favorite part of my dress!
So I didn't really have a chance to post anything on Memorial Day.  At first I thought, I would just skip it since the day had passed and I have yet to tell anyone about this blog.  But then I realized that if I'm going to do this blog, I need to be able to express the things that I am passionate about...and one of those things is our military and being a proud American!!

I am very patriotic!  Everytime I hear the National Anthem and see that beautiful flag waving in the wind, I get teary-eyed.  I can't help but think about the many men and women who have put their lives on the line to make this country the home of the brave and the land of the free!   Just saying those words gives me chills! 

So I didn't think it would be right that I didn't recognize that we just celebrated Memorial Day weekend.  Although I had a wonderful time with family at the lake, relaxing and having fun, I was thinking of the soldiers who didn't have that chance this year b/c they're busy protecting our freedoms!!  They don't get long weekends...they don't get weekends at all!

You see, the reason why you can bad mouth your military and government, the reason that we're a free nation, the reason we have liberties is because of these men and women (AND THEIR FAMILIES) who give of themselves DAILY!

So I just wanted to take a second to honor the men and women who have given their lives for our freedoms!!  I have 2 cousins that are serving in the Army right now and I can honestly say that they are my real life heroes!



No comments:

Post a Comment